Sharon Porchfest (Re-imagined) 2020 will take place on September 13, 2020.
Despite social distancing restrictions, Sharon Porchfest can take place (with some modifications) while still adhering to our original goals:
- create a day of public celebration.
- make the community stronger because neighbors get to know each other as people.
- foster a broader sense of cohesion and shared interest.
- showcase the diversity of our town.
Musicians, artists and a juggler will be performing and displaying their work outdoors at homes around Sharon from 1-5pm on Sunday, September 13. We ask that everyone respect social distancing guidelines are in place in September (i.e. avoid large groups, wear masks, and stay at least six feet apart). There will be no bathroom facilities available, no food will be served, and event will be cancelled if it rains.
Read the safety standards provided by the Sharon Board of Health: SAFETY PROTOCOLS PORCHFEST
Download the Sharon Porchfest 2020_Flyer_Map & Schedule
(click on the marker to see who is performing at what time; map last updated on 9/1)
- Henry Gitter, 4-5pm; Henry is a singer songwriter that plays songs from the likes of Dylan, the Grateful Dead and Paul Simon among others.
- Emily & Faisal Abid, 2:30-3:30pm; Husband and wife duo performing acoustic covers of modern and classic songs
- The Mighty Silverbacks, 1-5pm; Classic Rock and Original songs
- Jim Waters, 1-5pm; Jim Waters is a singer-songwriter with over 100 copyrighted songs to his credit. His intricate lyrics touch on many topics, from love and relationships to politics to LGBTQ issues and much more. He accompanies himself on finger-style acoustic guitar.
- George Aronson, 1-2pm; I am an acoustic guitarist and singer/songwriter. I will play a mix of sing-alongs, novelty songs and originals.
- Bak-ta-Bak, 2-3pm; rock and oldies band from Holbrook; http://www.baktabak.wixsite.com/baktabak3
- Dredsox Band and the Bullpen Horns; 3:30-5pm; 7-piece horn band playing blues, soul, funk and more!
- dinCheck; 4:30-5pm; Indian Rock Fusion
- Jim Waters, 2-3:30pm; Singer-songwriter with over 100 copyrighted songs to his credit. He accompanies himself on finger-style acoustic guitar.
- Wee Folk, 1-1:30pm; A pandemic-era family band entertaining High Street with their ukulele/cajon/egg shaker/kazoo antics.
- Enrique Daniel Weidmann, 3-4pm; This will be a fusion of Latin and Hebrew music.
- Sharon Clarinet Ensemble, 2-2:30pm; The Sharon Clarinet Ensemble will perform a variety of music including a Rag, a March, SpongeBob and Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Evelina Brozgul Art Studio & Student Work, 1-5pm; artwork will be on display around the library and the square
- Original art by Nancy Wluka, Delores Station and other artists, 1-5pm; Along the porch of Chestnut Square.
Acoustic guitarist and singer/songwriter
|1-2pm||229 Billings Street|
Paige Davis & Tony Cohutt will entertain High Street with their ukulele/cajon/egg shaker/harmonica antics.
|1-1:30pm||34 High Street|
|Original Art |
by Nancy Wluka, Delores Station and other Sharon Artists
|1-5pm||10 Chestnut Square (Across from Town Hall)|
|Evelina Brozgul Art Studio & Student Art|
Original artwork by local professional artist and her students
|1-5pm||Library & Post Office Square|
|The Mighty Silverbacks|
Classic rock and original songs
|1-5pm||126 Pond Street|
|Sharon Clarinet Ensemble (AKA Squidward 10)|
The Sharon Clarinet Ensemble will perform a variety of music including a Rag, a March, SpongeBob and Bohemian Rhapsody.
|2-2:30pm||69 Brook Road|
Rock and oldies band
(with opening act: Henry the Juggler, 1:30)
|2-3pm||101 Hampton Road|
Singer-songwriter with over 100 copyrighted songs to his credit.
|2-3:30pm||84 Cottage Street|
|Emily & Faisal Abid|
Husband and wife duo performing acoustic covers of modern and classic songs
(with opening act: Henry the Juggler, 2:15)
|2:30-3:30pm||29 Gabriel Road|
|Enrique Daniel Weidmann|
This will be a fusion of Latin and Hebrew music.
|3-4pm||74 Billings Street|
|Dredsox Band and the Bullpen Horns|
7-piece horn band playing blues, soul, funk and more!
(with opening act: Henry the Juggler, 3:00)
|3:30-5pm||68 Morse Street|
|4-5pm||10 Sherwood Circle|
Indian rock fusion
(with opening act: Henry the Juggler, 4:00)
|4:30-5pm||15 Wadsworth Way|